Great news for people. If you take your first jab of the covid vaccine but receive the certificate with some errors. Now anyone can correct errors in the vaccine certificate via CoWIN.
You can also check the authentication of your vaccine certificate as this document is used at the time of travel and helps access several premises
The vaccine registration and certificate issuing platform allow you to edit the certification only once. So you need to carefully mention all your details as you won’t get a second chance to correct the errors.
Users can correct errors in name, year of birth, and gender printed on the CoWIN vaccination certificate. You also get the option to correct details mentioned in your family members’ vaccine certificate.
Before this, the government had also allowed people who are vaccinated to update their status voluntarily on the Aarogya Setu app through a self-assessment process.
According to Aarogya Setu’s official Twitter handle,
“Now you can make corrections to your name, year of birth, and gender on your CoWIN vaccination certificates if inadvertent errors have come in.”
How to correct personal details online
- Visit the official portal of Cowin– cowin.gov.in.
- Sign in using your registered mobile number.
- Now, tap on the ‘Raise an issue’ option at the top and select the member’s name.
- Tap on the ‘Correction in certificate’ option.
- There are four options to which corrections can be made – Name, Year of Birth, Gender, Photo ID Number, select the options you need to make corrections into.
- Now enter the correct details and click on continue to submit the details.
How to verify vaccine certificate to check its authenticity
A certificate is proof of Vaccination. People can use it for travel. So all the details mentioned on it must be correct. Plus, your certificate needs to be authentic. The authentication of the certificate can be checked from the official CoWIN portal. Here’s how you can check.
- Go to the CoWIN site and click on the Verify Certificate button, located near the FAQ button.
- Click on the “Scan QR code” button, after which a notification will prompt you to activate your device’s camera.
- Point the camera to the QR code on your vaccine certificate and scan.
- On successful verification, the site will either say “Certificate Successfully Verified” or “Certificate Invalid”
Thanks for reading!