- Gettr, a Social Media app gets to hack on the launch day.
- Gettr advertised itself as “a non-bias social network for people all over the world.
- Miller said that the situation has been rectified.
According to Reports, A social media site launched on Sunday by Jason Miller, a senior adviser to former U.S. President Donald Trump, hacks. Around 500,000 people have already registered to use the site, Miller said.
Gettr is a Twitter-style platform with posts and trending topics. It advertised itself on the Google and Apple app stores as “a non-bias social network for people all over the world.
Asked about security on the new social media said, Miller, said the situation had been “rectified.”
Miller gives the following statement:
“The problem was detected and sealed in a matter of minutes, and all the intruder was able to accomplish was to change a few user names”
A writer for Salon posts screenshots on Twitter of several GETTR profiles. It includes those of former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Miller himself, which was altered to read “JubaBaghdad was here, follow me in Twitter :)”.
Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon on Sunday described GETTR as “the Twitter killer” in a post on the new site.
Miller teased the Trump team’s plans to start a new social media platform for months following moves by Twitter and other sites to block the former president after the Jan. 6 riot where his supporters stormed the Capitol.
We tell you that Trump is permanently banned from Twitter and remains suspended by Facebook until at least 2023 and by Alphabet’s YouTube until the company determines the risk of violence has decreased.
Thanks for reading!
Stay Connected for more latest updates