During the HarvestFest event in The Sims 4 Seasons, Sims will be visited by mischievous gnomes. They must give gnomes specific gifts to appease them.
Holidays are a key feature in The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack, and, during Harvestfest, a Sims Thanksgiving celebration, Sims will find different Gnomes appearing in and around their homes. These Gnomes can teleport around a Sim’s property and wreak havoc, sometimes breaking appliances and making a mess. As part of the Harvestfest festivities in The Sims 4 Seasons, Sims will need to appease each Gnome with a gift. When appeased, Gnomes become happy, indicated by a halo above their hats, and will drop seeds for a Sim to plant and sell in their garden. The Gnome will stick around after the holiday and serve as a garden decoration. If Sims give a Gnome the wrong gift, they will become angry, indicated by fire above their hats. Unhappy Gnomes will more aggressively mess with a Sim’s house until the day ends or the Gnome is sold.
There are 12 different Gnome varieties that may appear during Harvestfest in The Sims 4 Seasons, and players can tell them apart based on their costumes. Gnomes will want one of six kinds of gift: Coffee, Salad, Pie, Toy, Fruitcake, or Future Cube. Sims don’t need to have any of these things in their Inventory specifically and can use special interactions available during the Harvestfest holiday to gift these items and appease the Gnomes. Here’s how to appease every Gnome during the Sims 4 Seasons Harvestfest holiday event and what to do if a gift fails to appease them.
Gifts to Give Every Gnome During Harvestfest in The Sims 4 Seasons
Sims will always need to offer a gift to appease any kind of Gnome during Harvestfest in The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack. Most Gnomes have a single gift they really prefer, though many will be appeased with more than one of the six options. The tip given in the information panel for Harvestfest tells players to give Gnomes toys to appease them. While this is true for some of the Gnomes, this tactic will not work on all 12.
Each Gnome in The Sims 4 Seasons has a technical name, though these do not appear until the Gnome becomes part of the Sim’s decor after the end of the Harvestfest holiday. Players are more likely to be able to tell them apart by the way they look. Each Gnome in The Sims 4, and the gift that will appease them during Harvestfest, appears below:
- Happy Gnomiversary!: This Gnome wears a tuxedo and a party hat and is holding a piece of cake in one hand and a party horn in the other. This kind of Gnome wants Coffee.
- There’s No Place Like Gnome: This Gnome is the quintessential garden gnome, standing at attention with vaguely sad eyes and its arms at its sides. This kind of Gnome wants Coffee.
- Gnome Matter What, I’m Still Your Baby: This Gnome looks a lot like There’s No Place Like Gnome, but they have larger eyes, and their arms are raised in a V. This kind of Gnome wants Coffee.
- Happy Gnome Garden Pal: This Gnome also has a similar style to the previous two, but its hands are on its cheeks, lifting up its beard. This kind of Gnome wants Coffee.
- Strictly Business Gnome: This Gnome wears a brown business suit and carries a briefcase, looking like it is perpetually late for work. This kind of Gnome wants Coffee.
- Bearly Gnome: This Gnome wears a bear mascot costume. They want Pie.
- Don’t Fear the Reagnomper: This Gnome is dressed like the famous harbinger of death, the Sims Grim Reaper, and is holding a Scythe. This kind of Gnome wants Pie.
- Poolside Gnome: This Gnome has pigtail braids and is wearing an old-timey swimsuit and pool floaty. This kind of Gnome wants Pie.
- Mr. Floppy The Gnome: This Gnome wears a pink bunny suit and carries a basket. They want Salad.
- Bare Essentials Gnome: This Gnome is completely naked, appearing with a pixelated box over its midsection like Sims have when showering or using the bathroom. This kind of Gnome wants a Toy.
- The Ghastly Ghostly Gnome: This Gnome looks like a Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack spirit, white in color and translucent with black eyes. This kind of Gnome wants Fruitcake.
- Guardian of the Gnomelaxy: This Gnome looks like an alien, green in color with a Cthulu-inspired beard made from tendrils. This kind of Gnome wants a Future Cube.
If players accidentally give the Gnome the wrong gift and fail to appease it, the Gnome will shoot fire from the top of its head and begin to more aggressively break things around the Sim’s home. Sims have two options at this point. They can try to apologize, but the Gnome may not accept the apology. If the Gnome refuses to accept a Sim’s apology, it will lift the Sim up and zap them with electricity, leaving them with the Dazed moodlet for a short time. Sims can also kick the offended Gnome, which will upset all Gnomes in the house regardless of whether the Sim successfully appeased them and lead to further chaos.
If a Gnome refuses to be appeased, players can also enter Build/Buy Mode and sell the Gnome for Simoleons to prevent any further damage on their lot. Even unsuccessful attempts to appease Gnomes count toward the Sim’s Harvestfest holiday success in The Sims 4 Seasons, leading to a Sim feeling more fulfilled once the day is over.
Next: How To Make The Sims 4 Fun Again
The Sims 4 is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Generous Animal Crossing Player Throws Sharks, Napoleonfish Back
About The Author