Wondering how to change Minecraft Username hassle-free? If yes, then scroll down the page and get updated with every aspect related to the same.
Minecraft is one of the leading video game series that lets you explore new and exciting gaming adventures, accessories, and merchandise. If you are a gaming enthusiast, then Minecraft might be the best option to choose for. Download the game to discover infinite worlds and to create everything, from casual homes to luxurious castles.
Like every other gaming site, Minecraft also offers a unique identity to the player in the name of ‘Username’. This is a unique ID for everyone by which other gamers can recognize you. At the time you sign up with Minecraft, it automatically assigns you a random username. But, if you find it difficult to remember or don’t like it at all, then you are in luck as Minecraft allows you to modify the username without spending a cent.
Read on to find out the step-by-step procedure to change the Minecraft username. Don’t miss out even on the single step to avoid further hassle.
Let’s have a look!!
A Quick Guide To Alter The Minecraft Username In a Few Steps
Get bored of the previous profile name and but are unsure about how to change Minecraft Username? There is no need to worry about it as we are here to assist you. Carry out the below-mentioned process step by step and get your username modified in less than no time.
Step 1: Visit the Official Minecraft Website
- To initiate the procedure, players need to open the browser of their choice and enter the URL of Minecraft’s official website to access the same.
Step 2: Log in with credentials
- As soon as you click the official site of Minecraft, a homepage will appear on the screen where you can locate the log-in window in the name of ‘Account’. This tab is located on the upper right side of the page.
- There, you have to add the asked credentials such as Email and Password
- Tap on the login button and access your Minecraft account with ease.
Step 3: Find the Profile Name section
- Since you have now logged into your account, scroll down the page to search the Profile Name section. It is located in the middle of the page.
- Adjacent to the Profile Name, you will find out the ‘Change’ option. Click on the same and move to the next step of How to Change Minecraft Username procedure.
Step 4: Select a New Profile Name/ Minecraft Username
- In this step, the players need to choose the new username or profile name for their Minecraft account.
- For this, you’ll have to enter the New Username and hit the ‘Check Availability’ button.
- Keep in mind the fact that you will have to find out that the desired username is already taken or available for you. Gamers can only choose the username that is still not used by other Minecraft players.
- If the username has already taken by someone, then you’ll get a message, ‘Username is in use. Try a different username or spell it out differently’.
- If whatever username you have added is unique and unused, then a message will pop on the screen, saying, ‘Username is available’.
Step 5: Enter your Minecraft Password to confirm changes
- So, finally, you’ve got your desired username. To confirm the changes, you need to add the Minecraft account’s password that you use to log in to your account.
- Once you are done with this, scroll down the page, click on the ‘Change Name’ button. As soon as you hit the tab, your Minecraft Username will be changed instantly.
- Your new username will then start reflecting whenever you log in to your account next time either on Windows or Mac.
Important Facts To Know About Minecraft Username
Before actually jumping to the How to Change Minecraft Process, it is essential to figure out certain facts about the same in order to avoid further hassle. Here, we go!!
- Bear in mind the fact that Minecraft Username can be changed once a month. Therefore, make the modifications with extreme care as once the profile name is changed, you will have to keep it at least for 30 days.
- The old username will be available for a week. It means you still have a chance to select your previous profile name within 7 days. Once this window is passed, you can do nothing in regards to the same.
- While changing the username, one thing should be noted that the only special character you can use is the underscore (_). Also, no spaces are allowed between characters.
- The Minecraft Username must be in the range of 3 – 16 characters.
The Final Note
This is it!! I hope now you are aware of the fact How to change Minecraft Username in just a few steps. So, what are you waiting for? Get it done right away and enjoy gaming like a pro.