The touchscreen feature in Windows 10 is appreciable but is it working fine for you? Do you want to disable the touchscreen feature in Windows 10? If yes, then go through the article below and find the answer to your issues.
Gone are the days when we click the mouse or keyboard buttons to input on our system. Now is the era of touchscreen whether in mobiles or laptops/MAC. The touchscreen is a very fragile feature and needs to operate with patience. Some users just love to use Touchscreen on their systems while some do not at all! Below is the step-by-step guide to disable the touch screen in Windows 10.
What could be the reasons to Disable the touchscreen in Windows 10?
There could be several reasons, below are some:
- Users want to Improve Battery Life. We all know that Touchscreen consumes more battery and thus results in frequent charging sessions.
- The touchscreen not working properly might be another reason. And thus you want to disable it.
- You are delivering a lecture and want things slow and untangled. because a light touch might open something that you do not want to show to the class.
How to Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10?
The process of disabling the Touch screen in windows 10 is very simple.
- Go to Start.
- And then go to Device Manager.
- Head to Human interface Devices.
- Then select HID-compliant touch screen.
- Select the Action tab at the top of the window.
- Select Disable device.
- And you are done.
If you after some time want to enable it,
Follow the same steps and then you will find Enable button here.
Another Method of Disabling the TouchScreen in Windows 10
This method is to permanently disable the touchscreen from Windows 10.
- Open Windows Registry Editor (Run –> regedit)
- Follow this path and get Registry Key “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch”
- In the right-hand pane, create a new DWORD 32-bit entry with the name TouchGate.
- Assing it the value zero.
- Restart your system.
- When your PC opens again, Touchscreen will not work.
Well, friends, this is all about disabling the Touchscreen. remember to use method 2 with care.
I hope you would like his article. Share your feedback. Thank you!