Whether you are new to downloading the pirated content or a seasoned pro, you might be aware of the fact that using torrents without protection might compromise your data safety and expose your device to unauthentic access. Here, the VPN comes into play. It safeguards your information and protects your system from any kind of cyber attack.
However, choosing the best VPN service worth the money is not as simple as it seems to be, thanks to the presence of innumerable service providers. But don’t you worry about the same as we have done extensive research and come up with reliable options, ExpressVPN. One of the leading choices, this VLN claims to keep you secure and anonymous while torrenting.
Still, skeptical about the procedure to download Torrent safely with ExpressVPN? In that case, continue scrolling the page and get insight into the step-by-step guide regarding the same.
let’s get started!!
A Quick Guide to Download Torrent safely With ExpressVPN
From downloading the content using torrent to connecting it for the very first time, here is given the detailed procedure for the same. Take a look.
Step 1: Get the Torrent Client Installed on Your System
- To initiate the torrenting, it is first necessary to install the Torrent Client on your system. This can be uTorrent, BitTorrent, or any other option that suits your requirements. However, you are advised to stick to these two torrent options as both of them have stood the test of time.
- Keep in mind the fact that no matter which torrent client option you would choose, make sure you have the best anti-software installed on your system.
Step 2: Sign up for ExpressVPN
- It’s now time to get started with ExpressVPN. All you have to do is click on the ‘Get ExpressVPN’ on the homepage and choose the subscription duration.
- Enter the payment method and get it done to proceed further. Remember the fact that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, no matter whichever method you’ve chosen.
- Once you have paid for the services, download the app according to your platform and enter the activation code to sign in.
- Once you complete the above-mentioned steps, ExpressVPN is ready to use within a blink of an eye.
Step 3: Get the ExpressVPN started and Hit The Kill Switch
Before actually connecting to the torrent and begin the downloading process, it is mandatory to perform this step appropriately.
- First of all, start ExpressVPN and click on the hamburger menu available in the top-left corner of the page.
- There, you need to choose the ‘Select’ option and tap on the Protocol tab.
- Switch the settings from Automatic to either TCP or UDP.
- Now, return to the General tab and head to the Network Lock section. Here, you will locate two checkboxes, out of which one is enabled by default.
- This is mainly the Kill Switch that will restrict all the internet traffic in the case the VPN connection fails. It is mandatory to keep the Kill switch on while torrenting in order to save yourself from exposure.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the settings and make sure that all boxes under DNS and IPV6 leak protection are enabled.
Step 4: Select the Server
This is the easiest and important step to be carried to download torrent safely with ExpressVPN.
- Click on the three dots adjacent to the currently selected location to bring up the server list.
- There, you will spot the Smart Location which is based on the Distance and Load.
- Keep in mind the fact that only the right server can resolve the speed issue and therefore, it should be chosen with extreme care.
- Now, as you have selected the server, tap on the ON button and wait for ExpressVPN to connect.
- Once you are done with this, you will then get the new IP address with the help of which you can easily browse the internet in private.
Step 5: Get Verified and begin the Downloading process
- Now, access ipleak.org to verify the new IP Address. You can also initiate the DNS leak test in order to double-check your new IP.
- With this, you are all set to begin torrenting without getting worried about any unauthorized access or data leak. If your connection fails, then ExpressVPN will send you a warning instead of loading the webpage.
The Bottom Line
This is all about downloading Torrent safely with ExpressVPN. This VPN service is unarguably the cream of the crop for safe torrenting as it not just protects your data but also offers a smooth and seamless downloading experience.