Terraria 1.4 is the latest version of the Terraria video game. The updated version of the game was released in October 2020. There’s so much in the game that one gets literally carried away on where to start and where to stop ! Many bugs have been fixed in the recent update. There are loads of things that one can explore while playing. To enjoy the break-free game players can duplicate items in Terraria 1.4. Read furthermore to get the insight on how to do so.
Who doesn’t want a cue hand while playing games? If you have a helping hand or rather an itinerary on how to duplicate items in Terraria 1.4, this will surely enhance the overall gaming experience.
What is Terraria?
Terraria is said to be a land of adventures and mystery. The players can start by building basic shelter, then dig for ore and other resources.
There are over 500 weapons in the game to be discovered and used.
The game is well described in three simple words: Dig, Fight, Build!
Blending elements of classic action games with the freedom of sandbox-style creativity, Terraria is a unique gaming experience where both the journey and the destination are as unique as the players themselves!
There are certain tidbits that have been changed or rather been updated in the latest version of the video game. These are mentioned below:
- The Journey Mode duplication menu has been overhauled, with the addition of several new filters to break up some of the larger categories. Additionally, the Miscellaneous option in the duplication menu should more properly encompass items that do not fall under any other category.
- Torch God now plays an Otherworldly track when that setting is toggled.
- Bestiary now indicates if a drop is Wave-based/if it only drops after a certain wave in Frost Moon and Pumpkin Moon
- Plantero’s Sombrero has made its triumphant return
- Reorganized menu settings for resolution/fullscreen/windowed borderless to all use the same sub-menu, to reduce confusion
- Updated FNA (Mac/Linux related)
- RGB support is now available for SteelSeries game peripherals
- Updated localization for all languages up to 1.4 (some 1.4.1 content may still be untranslated, and these translations will come in an upcoming hotfix)
How to duplicate items in Terraria 1.4?
This guide will tell you how to duplicate any item of your choosing in Terraria 1.4+. We highly recommend not to do this too often as it can ruin the Terraria experience.
Before duplicating, make sure that you turn off the Auto Save before duplication.
Duplication is a process where the players create multiple copies of an item using a glitch.
Duplicating Character :
- Put anything you want to create a duplicate; in your inventory.
- Simply Exit the world.
- Create a backup of the character with the items.
- Go back to the world and put items back in a chest.
- Exit the world and then re-enter with the original character.
- Delete the character with the empty inventory (This is completely optional).
Duplicating Chest :
- One should get two players in the same world with a chest.
- Select the item(s) you want to create a duplicate of; in the chest.
- Save your game.
- After the game is saved, Player Two should take the items out, and leave without saving.
- Ask Player Two to rejoin the game.
Duplicating World :
- Create a new world and put the items you want to duplicate into a chest.
- Backup the whole world.
- Go to the backup copy of the world and start taking the items out.
- Delete the world that you backed up.
- Go back to the original world and insert the duplicated items into the chest.
- Repeat the whole process as and when needed.
This strategy is effective and it is single-player. These tactics effectively double the amount per-use.
- Open the Terraria server and join.
- Create a chest with the items you want to create a duplicate of; in it.
- On the server console, type “save”.
- When it is saved, go to the chest and take the items.
- Disconnect from the server.
- On the server console, type “exit no-save”.
- Your items will be in the chest and in your inventory.
- Make sure that Autosave is off.
- Visit a friend and drop off any stuff you want to be duplicated.
- Exit without saving, then have them invite you back. You will rejoin with all of your original items, and the items you dropped will still be there, waiting to be picked up.
- Join a multiplayer or friends world.
- Drop the item you want to duplicate without standing on top of it.
- Fill up your inventory.
- Stand over the object and hold down shift and click an item you want to put into your portable trash can, and the item should be duplicated multiple times (item may be on the ground and freeing up space in your inventory causes multiples to be created).
- To pick up the item just in case it bugs/glitches, move away from the item, free up space in your inventory and then walk over to the item and pick it up.
- This still works since October 26, 2013.
- Duplicating items this way and putting them in chests may make the chest become buggy and unusable as it will make the chest look like it lost some of its properties of storage.
- The chest if cleared and destroyed may fix this, however, it still may be possible for the chest to make the world you put the duplicate items in bugged and broken, thus making it unloadable.
- Make a backup save before doing anything with this duplication as long as it doesn’t involve a chest.
- Using a Safe or Piggy Bank does not cause this bug/glitch to happen.
- It is also unknown of what causes this to happen (for now).
- the issue may be due to lag or possibly certain settings, may also be caused by a character made before a certain patch or from the first release. (tested with other new characters and only works with the 1 character)
- Place a storage object that can hold items.
- Fill the container with any item(s).
- Use the Ice Rod on a corner of the storage.
- Use a Pickaxe to break the container.
- Enjoy infinite storage.
- Place any chest on top of at least one Active Stone Block.
- Place the items in the chest.
- Use a Wire to connect the active stone to one of the timer.
- Activate the timer.
Terraria 1.4 is the updated and the latest version of the video game Terraria. Like the previous patches, the latest one also allows players to duplicate certain items in the game. Though it is not recommended to do so because somewhere down the line, one starts losing the experience from the actual game.