Instagram Messenger is the most popular social media application that is owned by Facebook. But currently, many users are facing problems while updating the app. If you are one of them, do not fret! This post is for you. Here, in this post, we gonna share the fixes of the Instagram Messenger update not showing.
Instagram Messenger is the most loved app that has millions of users. It does not only contain Reels and social media content but is also a marketing hub of various brands. As shared earlier that Instagram is now owned by Facebook. Facebook Inc. brings new features and updates day by day to make the app more attractive.
What is the Issue behind “Instagram Messenger update not showing”
Recently, Facebook added some new features such as emoji reactions, vanish mode, selfie stickers, and chat themes, were introduced. In the last update, the DM icon of Instagram is replaced by Facebook’s logo. Unfortunately, there are so many users that are not able to experience these features. There might be few reasons:
- Instagram app bug.
- You are blocked by the receiver
- Instagram server issue.
- You have sent so many messages in a small time span.
- Instagram does not release any new updates for all users at a time.
All the features recently added are mind-blowing and will make your experience much better. So, it is important to look for its fixes. So without further ado, let’s move to the part of its fixes.
How To Fix Instagram Messenger Update Not Showing Problem
It is very important to try out the fixes so that you can’t miss out on these outstanding new Instagram features. To solve this problem, we are going to share some of the tried and tested methods.
Fix 1: Force stops Instagram for a while
One of the simplest and the easiest ways to solve this issue is by Force stopping Instagram for a moment. This can be done by following this tutorial:
Before moving to the tutorial, it is necessary to check whether all the app permissions are granted or not?
- First of all, go to the settings of your device
- Now find out the option of Apps management
- Under Apps Management, find out Instagram
- Tap on the Instagram option, there you will get an option to force stop the app.
- Select the Forecestop button and clear all the cache of this app. Don’t worry, it will not erase your data.
Fix 2: Get the latest version of the Instagram app
It is always recommended to use the latest version of that app always to enjoy the full features of the app. Check out first whether you are using the updated version of the app or not. Sometimes, the older version does not support new features. Some of the devices automatically update the app when a new update arrives. However, this can be done manually by following these simple steps:
In case you don’t know how to update Instagram, then follow these steps :
- Go to the Playstore or app store of your device. ( Depends on the device that you are accessing)
- Use the search bar and find Instagram Messenger
- It will start showing various options, select the one that is already downloaded to your device.
- Tap on Instagram, and check whether the updated version is installed on it or not.
- How to check: If you are using the updated version of the app, then it will show only uninstall and open app options.
- Otherwise, you will get an Update button here
- Just tap on the Update button and wait for few seconds. It will start upgrading your app.
- It’s done! Now open the app and check whether this method works for you?
- Still facing the same problem. Don’t worry! Try out our next fixes.
Fix 3: Use a VPN Service
As discussed earlier, Sometimes, Instagram releases updates for some users especially in some parts of the world. The U.S.A gets the update first always. So if you are residing in any other country, there are chances that you will get to experience the features later. So, it is advisable to use a good VPN service.
A VPN service will help you with this matter. The task of a VPN service is to hide all your personal details and help you to relocate to a server from a different country where the features are accessible.
To solve the issue, it is recommended to try out the VPN service. There any many VPN services available on the internet free and paid.
For great services, it is recommended to opt for the good paid VPN service
Fix 4: Join Beta Program from Playstore
Sometimes, Instagram announces the release of new features through their blogs. But that time the features are under Beta Programs.
Beta Programs is a testing phase, where the new features are tested by the users and get the feedback of the people before releasing it globally. Anyone who is interested can join the beta program freely. So if you are too excited and can’t wait anymore, Join the Beta programming.
This will certainly solve your problem.
Fix 5: Check the Instagram Server Status
Sometimes, the back-end server issue is the reason behind Instagram’s direct message won’t work. Check out whether if there are any other users who are facing the same problem. If other users to are facing the same issue then it must be Instagram’s server problem. You can also check the status on Instagram’s downdetector’s page.
Instagram Help center
If in case, all the fixes mentioned above won’t work for you. The last thing that you can try is contacting Instagram Help Center. But it is an effective way as Instagram help center works 24/7 for their customers. if all methods don’t work, then you are left with only one option. This is the last one but not the least one. report your problem to Instagram Help Center and they will give a response to you within 24 hours. The help Center team will contact you and solve the issue.
Well, this is pretty much about How to Fix Instagram Messenger update not showing. I hope you will find it informative. Try out these fixes and share with us which method works for you. Keep sharing with your near and dear ones.
Thanks for reading!