Get tired of facing the “Steam Service Component is not working” error and want to get rid of the same? Fret not, and read the article to the end to find out the appropriate solution to your query.
Steam is one of the well-known digital platforms for gamers; however, like all others, this is also packed with lots of issues. One such being is the Steam Service Component error. This mainly arises when players try to launch the platform. Consequently, the Steam Client doesn’t start and users become unable to access their game.
Have you faced this issue and wondering how to resolve the same hassle-free? Worry not as we are here to avoid the humdrum. To facilitate the gamers worldwide, we have put together a list of solutions that might help you to overcome this tricky situation.
Let’s dive right in!!
What Are The Main Causes Of The “Steam Service Component Error?
Before jumping to the solutions, let’s just first know what actually causes the Steam Service Component error.
- It is believed that Steam Service error mainly appears because of the lack of permissions. It neither performs a certain action nor accesses the certain file which is needed to fix the trouble.
- This error may also be caused because the Steam Service is simply not running when it should. However, this cause can be instantly eradicated by just restart the service.
- Yet another cause of generating the Steam Service error is the broken service. But it can be easily resolved by repairing the same.
1. Get the Steam configured to run as an administrator
Let’s unwrap the list with the most commonly used solution. Just configure the Steam to run it as an administrator and resolve this error in less than no time. Follow the instructions mentioned below and use this solution appropriately.
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut available for Steam and tap on the Properties tab. However, if the desktop shortcut is not available, then don’t panic and right-click the Steam.exe file available within the folder. Choose Properties and proceed further.
- One must keep in mind the default path of the Steam that is: C: > Program Files > Steam (x86)
- Now, the gamer needs to choose the Compatibility Tab.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “Run This Program As An Administrator” setting.
- Hit the Apply button and press OK to complete the procedure.
2. Make the Use Of Command Prompt
If, still the “Steam Service Component Is Not Working” error persists, then opt for the Command prompt and try to fix this trouble in the least possible time. Follow the below-given procedure step-by-step and get it resolved now.
- To initiate the process, the gamer has to right-click the Steam shortcut available on the Desktop and select the Open File Location option.
- Now, select and copy the complete file folder path for Steam available within the file explorer by pressing Ctrl + C button.
- Press Windows + R together to open the Run Dialog box.
- In this step, the player has to add the cmd and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together.
- In the command prompt, paste the full folder path for Steam followed by /repair.
- Click on the Return key once you have entered the Repair command and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
3. Get The Third-Party Anti-Virus Software Disabled
Sometimes, an anti-virus program mistakenly considers Steam Service Component as a malicious program and generates the error message. Therefore, to handle this condition, the gamers will have to disable the third-party anti-virus utilities and fix the “Steam Service Component is not working” error.
Check out the process here.
- Firstly, Right-click the system tray icon to find the anti-virus software.
- Click on the Context menu to open the same.
- Last but not the least, select the disable option in order to turn off the antivirus software for a certain time period.
However, one thing to note down is that your system is prone to cyber threats, therefore, you cannot turn the anti-virus software off for long.
4. Get the Windows Defender Firewall Turned Off
Are you still facing the Steam Service Error and have no idea how to resolve the same? Well, in that case, this option might help you out. Find out the instructions here.
- First of all, open the Search Box on the Home Screen and enter the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, click on the same to access its Control Panel applet window.
- There, you will find an option “Turn Windows Defender Firewall Off or On” on the left side of a window.
- Go to the customized settings and turn it off.
- Lastly, the gamers need to click on the OK button to complete the task.
- Now, launch the Steam Client once again and check whether the error is fixed or not.
5. Configure The Steam Service To Launch It Automatically
Yet another solution to fix the “Steam Service Component is not working Error” is to configure the same in order to initiate the automatic launch. Here is mentioned the step-by-step procedure.
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box by pressing Window + R together.
- Here, you need to type the services.msc and then click on the OK button.
- In the next step, the gamers are required to double-click the Steam Clients Service in order to open the Properties Window.
- Now, tap on the Stop button if the Steam Service is running in the background.
- Thereafter, open the drop-down menu and choose the Automatic tab.
- Launch the Start button and click to Apply the changes you have made in the pre-existing settings.
- Hit the OK button to exit.
Once you complete the process, check whether the Steam Service Component gets fixed or still appearing.
The Bottom Line
There, you have it!! These are some of the ultimate solutions to solve the “Steam Service Component is not working” error. Select any of the options and get it done right within little or no time. However, if none of that works, then seek professional help without thinking much.