Blocked your contact on Snapchat accidentally and now searching for How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat? Well, your hunt ends here as we have given a step-by-step tutorial for the same.
With 500M+ users, Snapchat is one of the popular social media platforms these days. This is a great place to make new friends, use interesting emoticons and filters, make Snapstreaks, and a lot more. While using this app, it might be possible that you don’t want to keep some users on your friend list. In such cases, you can simply block them so that they cannot send you snaps or view your story.
However, if you have done it unintentionally or looking to change your mind, then worry not as there is a way back. One can simply unblock someone on Snapchat and enjoy each other’s story and snap again.
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty of the same!!
A Step-by-Step Tutorial To Unblock Someone On Snapchat
So, finally, you have changed your decision but confused How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat? Don’t you stress about the same as we’ve got you covered? Here is given the procedure to complete this task without creating any hassle. Don’t miss out even on the single step to avoid further hiccups.
Before initiating the process, keep in mind the fact that the person is blocked and thus you cannot unblock him or her by just searching for their names. This task can only be accomplished in a well-guided manner. Take a look at the steps given here and get the job done right in no time.
Step 1: Log into your Snapchat Account
- First of all, a user needs to open the Snapchat app either on the smartphone or PC and log into the account by adding the required credentials such as Username and Password.
- Thereafter, go to the upper-left corner of the screen and tap on your Bitmoji or username.
Step 2: Click to access Settings
- In the next step, you are required to click on the gear icon available in the upper-right corner and access the Settings tab.
- Now, swipe up and locate the section, named Accounts Actions. Tap on the same and click on the ‘Blocked’ tab.
Step 3: Check the list of blocked contacts
- Once you have accessed the Blocked section, a list will appear of usernames that you have blocked to the data will get appeared on the screen.
- Now, tap on the X button available on the right of the username whom you wish to unlock.
Step 4: Accept the Prompt
- As you found the username to unblock, wait no more and click on the X icon. Once you tap the same, a window will popped-up on the screen requesting confirmation.
- Click on the Yes button if you would like to unlock that person.
- As soon as you give the confirmation, that username gets unblocked and you are good to go.
What to Do After Unblocking Someone on Username?
Well, just checking How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat and following the above-mentioned steps are good enough if you just want to unblock the person and don’t want to establish further contact. However, if you are looking to befriend again or have accidentally blocked that person, then follow the steps given here once you have finished the above-mentioned procedure.
- Go to the search box and enter the username of the person you have unblocked a few seconds ago.
- Now, locate the Add button available on the right of the profile picture and username.
- Click on the “Add” and take one further to add that person to your contact list.
- If your friend is not a public user, then he or she must have to add you back, as well.
Important Points To Know About Unlocking Someone on Snapchat
Below are some of the key factors that you should keep into account while blocking or unblocking the person on Snapchat. Let’s have a look!!
- Snapchat is widely known to put time restrictions on the users who wish to re-add contacts whom they have blocked recently. It might not allow you to re-add the person to your Snapchat account for a minimum of 24 hours.
- One of the best things about Snapchat is that it never notifies the person when you block or unblock them, which is an added advantage.
The Final Note
This is it!! Hope it has answered your query of How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat and lets you carry out the procedure with much ease. This process works well, regardless of the device (Apple or Android). Follow them and enjoy each other’s stories once again.
Stay in touch for more updates!!