When it comes to watching videos online, YouTube is probably the first name that comes to your mind. It is the largest video streaming site in the world. The platform is used for uрlоаdіng both professional and реrsоnаlvіdеоs. The best part is that you can watch private youtube videos for free.
Wіth so many people browsing through your content, it becomes important for you to set privacy settings. Those who didn’t know YouTube provides users various settings to secure their content. In this article, we are going to discuss how you can watch private YouTube videos. So without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Watching private YouTube videos with or without permission
YouTube is the largest video platform. You can find millions of videos on the platform and some of these videos are private. This means that the video is visible only to the uploader or just a few other YouTubers.
We have provided some solutions that could help you watch private videos on YouTube.
Solution 1: Preview YouTube Videos as Thumbnail Images
You can watch YouTube videos as thumbnail images before viewing them. This helps you know whether it’s the video you are looking for.
This method is beneficial for people with slow internet or limited data plan. It helps you save you both time and bandwidth.
- You need to first locate the Video ID in the URL.
- You can use this ID from the given URLs to get three frame stills.
Picture 1: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Video ID/1.jpg
Picture 2: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Video ID/2.jpg
Picture 3: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Video ID/3.jpg
- Copy of URL & substitute video ID
Solution 2: View private YouTube videos with permission
If you have the station URL with you, you can contact the station owner and request them to send you a permission URL. This will help you to watch the video.
If you have a YouTube station containing private videos, you should be careful about who you give a permit to. YouTube allows you to send a private video up to 25 private URLs. This means only the video uploader and these URLs will get to see the video.
However, there are chances that someone downloads your video and then re-upload it as a public video.
Solution 3: Watch the video by signing in
- You can also check out private YouTube videos by signing in.
- Go to your inbox on YouTube and click on the email from the video’s uploader.
- You will get to see a rectangular box in the email along with a smaller red box with three white dots in it. Click on these white horizontal dots to go to the video on YouTube.
- The video will start to play. But for this to be successful, you need to be signed in to your YouTube account.
YouTube private video is a good option for people who don’t want to share their videos with the rest of the world. If you want only limited people to see it, then you can make use of this feature.