PS5 has entered the market last year and sold millions of copies to date. The powerful PS5 is reading its popularity features around the world. If you have bought one or thinking to buy one, you might need a complete “How to” ps5 wiki guide for Playstation 5. Many questions have been arising in your mind since its launch like how to transfer data from the old console to the new one, how to expand storage, How to setup 3D audio, How to use a game switcher, etc.
If these questions are haunting your mind, Believe me, this article will calm it down. So, scroll down to get a complete PS5 wiki guide.
Before we Start…
Before jumping to How to guide here are some shortcuts that might be useful to you.
- Hold the Playstation button to go home.
- Hold the PS button for 10 seconds continuously to turn off the controller completely.
- Put your controller on time saver mode to save battery. Your controller never goes off by itself. Go to settings from home screen->go to system->power saving->set controller time.
- Hold Down the Mic Button to mute all audio entirely.
There are many more shortcuts that you can use, we will come up with a complete shortcuts guide later.
PS5 Wiki Guide: How To Guide
How to Setup 3DAudio?
If you are going to use a headset, you can set up 3-dimensional audio and enjoy experiencing gameplay without any disturbance. Though the 3D audio will set up automatically, you can set it manually too using the below-given steps:
Go to Settings > Sound > Audio Output ->adjust volume.
Switch Output Device from HDMI to Headphones.
If you are playing without headsets, then you want to able to adjust headphone settings. Also, you can adjust the level at which the usual 3D Audio comes through by changing the Audio Profile to one of 5 types, according to your ear level.
How to transfer data from Ps4 to Ps5?
If you wish to play your favorite games on PS4 on PS5, and start from where you left your game in the PS4, you will have to manually transfer your data from PS4 to PS5. This can be done in three ways:
- Transfer data directly from PS4 system storage to PS5 system storage through an internet connection.
- Power your PS4 and PS5 with the same internet connection (if you are using WiFi, it would be useful to connect them together through LAN for faster data transfer)
- Go to Setting >
- Transfer data from Cloud Storage to PS5, you would need Playstation Plus to account for the same.
- Transfer data from PS4 system storage through an external device like a USB hard drive.
How to use Game Switcher?
The game Switcher allows you to quickly view recently play games without exiting the current game.
- To use Game Switcher,
- Press the Home button.
- Select the icon of the game you are currently playing.
- A list with recently played games or media games will appear then.
- Choose a game of your choice.
Doing this will close your current game by saving all data and launch the new game by loading its data.
How to preset Game options?
Preset options include game difficulty, level, resolution, and many other things to be set up for all games in advance. if you do not want to change these things for each game individually, you can preset them up.
Go to Settings -> Saved Data and Game/App Settings -> CHoose option Game Presets.
There you will see 4 options like Difficulty, performance resolution, Camera control, Subtitles, and Audio. I think you must know about these controls, So I am not going into the deeper side of this.
How to use your PSN account?
Before buying PS5, you have ps4 and you were doing everything on that. Your data is saved over there like Online ID, Friends, Trophies, Wallet Funds, and Content Entitlements: such as compatible games, videos, and music.
To do so:
- Turn on the console.
- Connect your controller.
- Update the system software.
- Sign in to your account.
- If you log in with the app, past logging in go to settings and select Sign in on PS5.
- From there, scan the QR code on your TV screen and you will be signed in.
To change your PSN ID, you do not need to go to make a separate account. Instead, go to settings and change the name.
Well, friends, this is all about Ps5 Wiki Guide. I hope this “how-to” guide will be helpful for you now and then. How do you like this article? Please share your feedback.
Mention in comments
Thanks for reading!