- WhatsApp adds a new feature of disappearing photos for beta users.
- The image sends through disappearing mode can’t be exported.
- WhatsApp will not release this feature globally.
WhatsApp is rolling out the disappearing photos feature for beta users, which is known as ‘View Once. The feature is currently available for Android WhatsApp users.
Firstly, WhatsApp brings disappearing messages to people. It allows the users to decide the time limit for their text. As soon as the time limit expired the message would disappear from the sender and the receiver’s chats in Whatsapp.
This feature was loved by many and Whatsapp has planned to inculcate it in the photos too.
How does it work?
The working of disappearing photos is quite different. A photo will disappear once the receiver opens it and leaves the chat. There will be two options, in the standard disappearing photo. Users can use this feature with videos too.
- The sender and receiver can view it till the time they have opened the image and are still on the chat page.
- There is also a self-destruct option where the image sent will be time-bound and will destroy itself once the time limit expires.
The feature works for videos, photos, and GIFs. One will find this feature in WhatsApp’s 18.104.22.168 Android version. If the view once button is not visible to you when sharing the media with anyone, then it means that you haven’t received the feature.
The receiver cannot save any of the disappearing photos that are being sent to them. Also, the photos that have been sent through the disappearing feature cannot be exported.
This feature will be rolling out in the coming Future Whatsapp Update and will bring a whole new button to the application.
How to use this feature?
- Simply selects the image you want to send from the gallery.
- Users will be able to see a new timer-like button next to the “Add Caption” field.
- Use this button to send an image.
- When the receiver opens the image they will get a prompt saying that the media will disappear when they leave the chat.
WhatsApp will not roll out this feature for all the countries. The issue will be the laws, regulations, and policies followed by a specific country.
Thanks for reading!
Stay Connected for more latest updates