- WhatsApp rolls out a Payment feature for all the users.
- The first time, this feature went live in India in November last year.
- WhatsApp Pay feature will let users send money from their bank accounts.
The Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp informs that the WhatsApp Pay feature is finally rolling out for all users. This feature went live in India in November last year.
Many users did not receive the feature immediately. Finally, now all the users across Android and iOS seem to be getting it finally. WhatsApp Pay, as the name suggests, is the feature that lets users send money from their bank accounts.
The process of sending and receiving money is similar to how it is done on Google Pay, Paytm, and other UPI apps. According to certain reports, Many users are getting a prompt on their WhatsApp app asking them to set up micropayments.
It’s totally the user’s choice to either tap on the prompt and immediately set up their payments or do it later on the Settings menu on WhatsApp.
The feature was designed in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) using the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), an India-first, real-time payment system that enables transactions with over 160 supported banks.
WhatsApp talks about the feature and said:
“This secure payment experience makes transferring money just as easy as sending a message. People can safely send money to a family member or share the cost of goods from a distance without having to exchange cash in person or going to a local bank.”
How to Set Up Payments through your WhatsApp Accounts?
- Go to the Settings menu on your app.
- Tap on Add New Payment option given at the bottom of the screen
- You will then be redirected to a page with a list of banks
- Choose your bank from the list
- Verify your phone number via SMS
- A message will be sent from your number automatically
- You can then select a bank account linked to the phone number
- Tap on the bank account you want to add
- You can now send and receive payments to and from your WhatsApp account
Thanks for reading!
Stay Connected for more latest updates